Monday, August 06, 2012

Team Timex

Last August 5, many athletic enthusiasts gathered for another round of hard-edged sportsmanship. Though I wasn't at the said sports meet, I was very much curious about all the fuss in an event that involved, running, swimming and cycling. And as if one person can take all the strain for a whole days worth of wear and tear, impressively there were many in attendance, all willing to go through the monsoon and trek a distance that only I could commute in.

The Cobra Energy Drink Ironman 70.3 is one which I'll deliberately try out next time around, hopefully, I'd dominate throughout. And speaking of dominate, this year's Ironman 70.3 title holder is Pete Jacobs, finishing at a time of 3:51:43 at the rain-drenched CamSur Watersports Complex on Sunday. On the other hand, Belinda Granger was the champion of the competition's female counterpart, coming in at a time of 4:26:03. Luckily, it wasn't a sunny day, much to the advantage of the participants. From what I've heard, they enjoyed the dampness provided by the weather, cool and refreshing, I should say. Overall, I'm excited for next year's run.

Tessa's outfit for the Ironman 2012 race. 
Timex Philippines Marketing Director Gemma Pagsubigan, Piolo Pascual & Tessa Valdes.
Team Timex: Bryan with parents Tessa & Dennis Valdes.
Timex's favorite love team, Piolo & Tessa!
Good looking Erwan Heussaff with Tessa P.
Healthy & happy group: Felicia Atienza, Erwan Heussaff, Anne Curtis, Tessa Prieto-Valdes, Karen Davila & Kim Atienza
Where's my bike?
And the winner is ... Pete Jacobs from Sidney, Australia! Good job mate!
Images courtesy of Sea Princess's instagram account. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment