Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Vintage value

I never got into the It bag craze. I guess I'm lucky because my mom lets me borrow her vintage bags, and oftentimes, these rare brands such as Rodo and Roberta di Camerino get even the most jaded fashion folk wide-eyed and surprised that such vintage pieces can look so contemporary yet timeless. Some of them don't have brands, they are just fortunate finds that stood the wear and tear of partying from the Swinging sixties and seventies!

Crocs rock! This croc clutch goes day to night so easily.
Plastic fantastic. This cute little gold bag with the Lucite handle is the very definition of charm.
Heigh ho Silver! Emerald cut crystal pailettes make this evening clutch shining, shimmering, splendid.

The Green and blue rattan bags by Rodo, an old Italian brand, are summer in a purse. They are shaped like old lunch boxes and I love matching them when I wear bright happy colors!

Lady is a champ. This ladylike crocodile Judith Leiber actually holds a lot of stuff, but is always prim and proper.

The black satin evening bag, also by Judith Leiber, has its own silver comb and mirror, with its own little velvet pouch.


Velvet evolution. The tortoiseshell frame and the crushed velvet are portable luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment