Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The Henry Hotel: Surreal Life

Few words thrill me as the pair : "New Hotel." A hotel provides glamour, escape and exploration. It is a chance to enter a controlled universe, so that one's visual, mental or even emotional acuity can become keener and more refined. So when my friend Tessa Prieto-Valdes invited Anton Barretto and me to the launch party of The Henry, Cebu's quirkiest boutique hotel, I did not hesitate.

The hotel's lobby combines overscale, vintage-inflected furniture, pop art, old fashioned toys and all forms of baggage, for a fresh and fun vibe. The restaurant features a giant comic strip and a centerpiece dining table and chairs supersized to giant proportions. The lanai and pool are dominated by a graphic vertical garden. The Henry Hotel is a dynamic new addition to the ever evolving Cebuano scene.

Manila crew invades Cebu!


Enticing entrance to The Henry's

A chair is still a chair, even though I'm sitting there: at The Henry's lobby

Nice mix of chairs at The Henry's

Love their wall art!

Bull's eye artwork at The Henry's




It's not mine! Rimowa, 1920's

Fresh buko! Great! I'm thirsty!

Awesome vertical garden at the patio!

It's almost summer and the pool is inviting me to dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment