Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy to Help

They say charity begins at home. Yes, that is true, but it also helps when it is supported by the school. When I was in school, we would always have Christmas drives, when we would pack rice and canned goods for families in need, and we taught in a public school in a nearby district. So to this day, helping out is part of the glue that binds me to my friends. We have made new friends along the way, and have had our fair share of adventures.

Recently, while giving out hygiene kits at Villamor, some producers from GMA approached my best friend Angelette and me. They said they were going to do a feature on independent volunteers. I thought it was the news but it turned out to be Kusina Master, Chef Boy Logro's cooking show. Angel and I found out that Chef Boy also survived a tsunami in Tacloban way back in 1969. His inspiring story-from muro ami to houseboy to kitchen assistant to Executive Chef to television star- can be a beacon in these bleak times. We had a grand time exchanging stories and cooking tips with Chef Boy. And they also donated a few gift packs for us to distribute! Giving truly begets more giving, just as love grows from love!


Happy2Help now showing at Chef Logros cooking show on GMA7 @angelettec @leahpuyat @edsgenuino @charymerc




Made a new Friend Today! #happy2help #chefboylogro #kusinamaster @leahpuyat



Never thought I'd ever make it as a guest on a cooking show! But I am so glad I did! Big thanks and big hug to Erick Tajanlangit for making it happen! Check out the full video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment