Friday, March 02, 2012

All roads lead to Rome

While watching TV one night, I caught the trailer of the sure-to-be blockbuster show "Nang Dahil sa Pagibig", with Piolo Pascual, Jericho Rosales, Christine Reyes & Maricar Reyes, and I saw a footage of Piolo in the Vatican. These images reminded me so much of my last trip to Rome that I decided to share these photos.

St. Peter's Square.  The Basilica was designed by Michelangelo and the colonnade was designed by Bernini. As a Catholic, going to Rome always feels like a homecoming.


With my favorite prayer partner, Angelette Calero.

Inside the truly impressive basilica, which is both solemn and yet bustling with touristic activity. There was even a wedding in one of the side chapels that day.

Imagine how huge that facade is in real life!

These fountains may be ancient but they are still working according to engineering plans that are centuries old.


A quick snack to fortify us for all the walking.

Colossal Coliseum, the inspiration for Smart Araneta Coliseum, the center of Rome's sporting life at the height of the Roman Empire's glory days.

No comments:

Post a Comment