Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pulitzer Prize!

My brother and his fiancée asked for my advice when the subject of their honeymoon itinerary was being discussed. Originally, the travel agent had only included Madrid but I insisted, "Do Barcelona, please!" Of course there are a hundred reasons to go, but as you must know by now, I am a total and unashamed hotel junkie. Here are a few shots from a lovely hotel in Barcelona, the Pulitzer. It is the kind of place where you want to just move in rather than just check in.

Have Vespa, will travel. Joseph fits right in, as he poses by a Vespa parked outside the hotel.

The lobby has all white walls and all white furniture. Then it's bigger is better: the frames, the oriental armoires, the leather chests. But they are piled about almost randomly, so it is all very warm and inviting rather than stiff and intimidating.




Abstract art and Chinese antiques may sound like strange bedfellows, but similar proportions and the dramatic black floor make it all work.





Up on a roof. On a clear day, you will have a panoramic view of the rooftops of Barcelona. This is a perfect spot to chill and ponder life's wonders. Like why they chose this wooden jellyfish looking table to go with all the deck furniture. My guess is to evoke an urban beach resort.


4 comments:

  1. rita cruz manahanMarch 20, 2012 3:31 PM

    Beautiful hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love barcelona,we had our honeymoon der w my ex husband! Will go back this summer alone,will check out pulitzer!thank u leah great pictures,ang gwapo ni joseph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur blog,I've been to all this places by just reading your blog,your my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. leslie salandananMarch 20, 2012 4:15 PM

    I always read your blog,please feature more of parang coke and notebook type of stories,thank u leah for your wonderful stories! God bless you and your friends!

    ReplyDelete