Thursday, May 03, 2012

Mama MIA

When traveling abroad, I'm always fascinated how there's always a surprise waiting to be unraveled along streets and alleys you least expect to enthrall you. Much more when you are in Rome!

During my last trip, this bewilderment came in three letters: MIA. No, it's not their version of our infamous airport. It's something way better. It breathes uniqueness in every way specially when it comes to furniture and design.

MIA is located in Via di Ripetta 224, Italy, Rome. Housed in a former convent, this shop offers mostly individual pieces or rarities that range in style from vintage to futuristic. And how unique you ask? I'd say simply because it has the features of a furniture store and an artist's dream, all in one. Out of the grayish and stony features of the outside street and alley, this one stands out with its wide array of colors. Surreal is the right word to describe it. From colorful tables to cuddly wooden toys to intelligent-looking ornaments, you name it, this place is just heaven.

And as I entered, there were more to see.

Tired of your old and normal looking dining table? They have a table resembling a unique ensemble of rainbows. Bored of your silly paintings on the wall? They have a three dimensional one which gives the "kick" of creativity. If I haven't stressed it enough, I'm telling you this is not your average furniture store.

Let me take you to a quick tour inside this home of sheer design masterpieces:

A dreamy light that attracts furniture and novelty enthusiast from the outside.
Welcome to MIA!


The perfect couch for me.



Like this rainbow table? I know I do!


Love this purple sofa. 
Face to face.
Perfect for people born under the year of the rabbit.
I love this throw pillow. It's so fluffy!
Is that Angelette's foot?









Another purple sofa to love.

Very nice chairs. Perfect for me and Angelette.

No comments:

Post a Comment