Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I love Paris in the spring time (eating, that is)

French women don't get fat, even with croissants and macaroons at almost every corner, not to mention chocolat chaud (hot chocolate) and frommage (cheese)! Well, it is not because they are nation of bulimics. In fact, it is quite logical and rational, as befits the land of Descartes. It is all about balance. On my recent trip to Paris, my best friend Angelette suggested renting an apartment. We had a cute little flat on the rue de Berri, just off the Champs Élysées and not only did we have a handy Diagonal Supermarché a few meters away and a marks and sparks food hall, there were also several self serve salad bars on our street. But the French being the aesthetic champions that they are, they totally reinvent the concept of fast food by adding atmosphere, such as a chic outdoor deck and high style interiors, mixing quick eating with slick looks.

They always say "travel light", well I travel bright!

So does my friend Angelette!

Paris, here we come!

Bumped into some friends at the airport.

Gabby & Chris Katigbak with Raymond and Giusie Molinyawe.

Oops terno kami ng marshall.




Trying to find our apartment... in style. :)



Had to pick up our apartment key at the Interhome office.

Then off we go!

The entrance to the apartment.

Welcome!

Hallway going up to the 4th level, where our pad is.

See that tiny door? That's where you enter to get to the top floor. Yes, no elevators!


The view from the balcony. Naks!

Our kitchen.


Our dining room. Yes, it's a dining room.


The Interhome welcome kit. Bongga! Gives you a five-star accommodation feeling.


The living room with matching fire place.

Madame Angelette relaxing in our French home away from home.


Our tiny but very neat bathroom.

Our tiny but very neat bedroom.


First day grocery!

My favorite caramel jam.

An anti-detox water.

Syrup for my crepe.

An olive bread.

Strawberries for breakfast.

Yoghurt in fancy container... which I took home.

My favorite mozarella bufala.

Love the colors!

Pita bread!

Crepes!

Waffles!

Salami!

Chocolate Nutella!

And of course French croissant for breakfast!

Ooops pahabol.


Cute logo!



This is our favorite restaurant around our neighborhood! Not just because it's natural, fresh & ready, but also because they have a hip interior and a garden at the back.

Fixing, fixing.

Hot soup!




Our favorite spot in the restaurant.



Strike a pose, girl!



Our second favorite! Qualité & Co.


If you're looking for healthy Asian food, this is the place to be.



More healthy place to eat.

Our third favorite restaurant in the neighborhood. Sushi Parisien. :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the colorful outfits! Looking at each food item made me hungry at this time...11:21Pm. I miss Paris! The entrecôte and pomme fritte.

    Was the caramel jam really YUMMY? I'd dig that too! Kakainggit! Nice apartment btw. Sosy! Post more pics please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is so lovely, but the caramel jam really caught my attention! More pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this entry! I could imagine a good smelling book entitled - The Happy Adventures And Misadventures Of Angelette And Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your Paris blog! It makes me feel like going there now na. Looks like you really had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss paris because of your blog! Love ur blog miss leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarap! Good news for you La Fermiere Yogurt is now available at S&R (limited stock but they get it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are lovely! And you are so right, french women do not get fat!! I rented one of the serviced apartments paris offers to for 4 weeks! I put on a whole stone in those 4 weeks! I was so stocked when I got on the stales! Maybe french woman can resist the macaroons and croissants! I obviously cant... haha. Seeing these photos are making me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete