Thursday, April 12, 2012

Timeless Tower

No matter how many times I see the Eiffel tower, I am left in awe. I notice the intricacy of the metalwork, the gracefulness of the proportions as it soars upward, and it just makes sense how iconic it has become. For the first time, I also noticed how many names are carved on its side. (They are the names of the scientists who all worked to make the construction of the tower possible.) And another discovery was Les Cocottes, on rue St. Dominique, a modern French bistro by Chef Christian Constant. There was a line, but so worth the wait. I had a divinely unforgettable lobster ravioli with artichoke foam, Angelette had a agreed salad with lardons, that tasted like the love child of bacon and our own tocino, and Joseph and KP had the most to die for beef stew! Even if you may have seen it before, a trip to the Eiffel Tower will always be breathtaking.

The iconic Eiffel Tower.

Fabulous!

Gorgeous!

Double gorgeous! Hehehe

Love my Peruvian poncho (I'd like to thank my mom, Baby.) Super bagay with the Eiffel Tower on the background.

Say "bonjour!"

I like this picture, nakakapayat.

See?

I want to call this the "manananggal" shot.

It works for Angelette. Hahaha

It really works.

The Aldegeur Sisters (Just in case you don't know who they are, kindly visit this link.)

Or the Wea twins.

Or the Olsen twins.

Ay, biglang nag-solo.

Close up of the Aldeguer sisters. Hahaha

Trying to get the energy underneath the Eiffel Tower, parang pyramid!




I super love this picture (super nakakapayat)! Joseph, KP, BFF Angelette & me.



Nice shot of the Eiffel Tower.


This picture looks so abroad.

Spring na spring ang outfit!

Panay pose hanggang pedestrian.

Look at this waiting shed ...

... it's so cool.

It is done by an artist (bongga talaga sa Paris! Pati waiting shed, may concept.)

Trying to look for the restaurant Les Cocottes.


We found it!



Here again in my manananggal shot inside the restaurant.

Again.

"Excusez-moi madame, qu'est-ce que vous conseillez?"
(Subtitle: "Excuse me miss, what would you recommend?")

Je prends salades s'il vous plait.
(Subtitle: I'll have salad please.)
Salad with lardons, that is.

We're sharing!

Baguette & soupes.

Angel, we're sharing.

I super love my lobster ravioli with artichoke foam, and I'm not sharing.

The to-die-for beef stew prepared by Chef Christian Constant, share naman Joseph!
À bientôt Eiffel Tower! Au Revoir!

1 comment:

  1. The food looks really good! Love love love your captions! Fun fun fun

    ReplyDelete