Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On top of Paris

There are many reasons to trek to Sacré-Cœur, the regal and majestic church in Montmartre: the breathtaking (Literally, as it is a long hard climb up the stairs! Take the funicular if you are not fit!) view of Paris, the church itself, the lively cafes and street artists. Yes, it is touristy, but in a very beautiful way. When I first saw Sacré-Cœur, it was being renovated, so I couldn't appreciate its full splendor and magnificence. This is its 125th year, and for all that time, there has been perpetual adoration of our Lord in the blessed sacrament. As the brochure said, "For 125 years, it has been a symbol of hope. When someone looks up at the Sacré-Cœur, they think, 'Up there is someone praying. Up there is God.' And that gives them hope." I lit some candles for people very close to my own heart, and felt my spirit both uplifted and energized, that I could be part of such an ancient unbroken tradition of hope, faith and love.

My souvenir shot at Sacré-Cœur.
Syempre, there's Angelette's version.
The regal and majestic church of Montmartre. 
And now, get ready for me and Angelette's regal and majestic moments:










Quaint sidewalk cafes. How I love walking around here. 

Check out this sausage stand. All cooked French style!

Of course we had to try the crepe.

Hmmmmmm.
Love the colorful chairs and tables.
Matches my outfit diba?
Sige pose!
My turn!
Together (forever) :)

1 comment:

  1. hi ms leah,i love your jacket,sobrang match sa cafe,me and my mom always read your blog,grabe.you are the funniest!keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete